Perdido 03

Perdido 03

Thursday, January 2, 2014

How Was Your First Bloomberg-Less Day?

The impending snow storm and the short school week had attendance down, so it really didn't quite feel like a regular schoolday.

Also, I was scrambling to get some grading done and get some ELA Regents work put together for next week, so I was a little preoccupied today.

Nonetheless, it was kind of fun to come to work in a NYC school and think "Hey, Bloomberg doesn't run this thing anymore!"

How was your first day back sans Bloomberg?

6 comments:

  1. It was a lovely day! I felt it, the staff at my school felt it and in turn the students felt it. Such a beautiful feeling to finally be rid of Tyrant Bloomberg and his minions. I believe Carmen Farina said that education must be based on joy, not fear. Joy is good! Joy makes the hard work we must do feel almost effortless. I almost wish this blizzard would fizzle out because I want to go to school tomorrow and get on with this Joyful New Year! In the words of Phil from Duck Dynasty, I'm Hap-pay! Hap-pay! Hap-pay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7:30AM: "Ding-dong, the witch is dead"
    And that was one of the admins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never before h ave I seen as many snow plows and salters on the streets of Queens. Go DeBlasio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I retired this year. But, my heart is rejoicing knowing that teachers and students are happy and joy will come their way.

    Hoping for a wonderful school year for all my colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I walked in with an automatic smile vs. a forced one...light stepped.

    I really think Chiara DeBlasio was wearing that odd witch's hat during the swearing in as code-ding dong indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Notice these closures already by 10--alas, why must we wait 'til 5 or 6 am to hear about NYC? http://newyork.cbslocal.com/school-closings/
    Bethpage, Farmingdale, Syosset, W. Hempstead, Harrison, Port Chester, Bayonne, E. Orange, Hckensack, Lyndhurst, Montclair, Newark, No. Bergen, Paramus, Teaneck,
    W. New York ...

    ReplyDelete